Indianapolis Mayor Ballard won re-election over Democrat Melina Kennedy 51-47. In yesterday's updated predictions, I picked Ballard would win 51-47.
I said the Democrats would sweep the at-large council seats. That indeed has happened.
![]() |
| Councilor-Elect Frank Mascari |
I did not pick correctly WHICH council district would switch hands. While on paper, I thought Frank Mascari had an excellent chance to knock off Republican Susie Day in her Beech Grove district, I decided to not pick Mascari because his last report showed him raising only $700 all year long, which was his own contribution. Neither party seemed particularly interested in contesting the district. So I picked the incumbent Day to win re-election.
I thought the Democrats would beat McQuillen and McHenry in their Democratic leaning districts. The Republicans won both seats. I think the Democrats missed a golden opportunity to take out McQuillen and McHenry by attacking their highly unpopular votes like the $33.5 million Pacer gift and the 50 year ACS parking meter contract.
Councilor Christine Scales, the only Republican councilor to show independence on the council, apparently has won re-election by 39 votes.
Republican Jeff Miller knocked off Councilor Dane Mahern in his increasingly Republican leaning district.
