I'm trying to think of things I have less interest in than the Royal Wedding, but I can't think of anything. Can someone explain to me why we should worship and fawn over someone because they were born into the right family? Why should we care that someone from that family has decided to tie the knot? Can you someone give me a justification for giving this particular family millions of dollars for doing nothing, not to mention millions of tax dollars spent on this wedding?Imagine if we decided to deem one family in the United States as royalty and gave those family members millions in salary and perks simply for having the right genes (or marrying into the family with the right genes.) Then, in the midst of the worst recession since the Great Depressionm we taxpayers were were asked to spend millions of dollars on a royal wedding. Can you imagine the revolt?
Thank God I'm an American.