Think again. Our city leaders apparently only bought the tops of the meters.
![]() |
| Existing Indianapolis Parking Meter Just The Very Top Above the Coin Slot is Being Replaced |
All over the city we have rusty and bent parking meters. The brand new credit card tops placed on old, rust and bent parking meters are going to look ridiculous and will not impress anyone.
Looking over the contract, I didn't see where it was clearly spelled out what hardware ACS would have to provide. One would think that the city's negotiators, wanting the city to look nice for the Super Bowl, would have demanded that ACS replace meters not just provide the credit card device which is installed on top of the meters. But then again, I think all ACS cares about is making money off Indianapolis resident, not making our city look better.
Note: I provide a photograph of a double meter to give readers an idea of what is being replaced. This double meter though is relatively new. Many of the older single meters are rusted.
